From Sunday, November 4 2018 to Sunday, December 31 2023 Starting from: 25,00 €
OFFER DUOMO MILAN HOTEL DEL SUD MILAN
In 1386 the archbishop Antonio da Saluzzo, began construction of the Duomo in Milan. Initials
Gothic-Lombard in 1387 the Duke Gian Galeazzo Visconti chose a strong Gothic style
providing Candoglia marble.
Although he was always the Milanese city to financially support the great work and sculptural
marble of the cathedral, workers from across Europe joined by the local workforce in
this company and when the Duke Visconti was missing, one could consider the already completed
the apse, the sacristy, the chancel, the choir and externally in the first spire of honor
Carelli patron along with the monument of the Duke.
In 1415, the structure extends from the apse of the transept. Magnificent Gothic capitals have
statues of saints and prophets, while the first stained glass windows adorn the sacristy. Around
mid-century appear the windows of the Lombard school of the three large windows and the apse
other seven windows of the hips.
Over the last decade of the fifteenth century, thanks to the work of GG Dolcebuono and G. A. Amadeo, finally
The dome was built Tribur.
In early 1500, the lantern is placed near the north-east Gugliotta, a masterpiece of architecture
It also continues the production of statuary and stained glass windows by masters Rhenish and Flemish
however, following the lines of Lombard artists.
By Charles Borromeo (1565-84) and following the Council of Trent Cathedral amending its order
liturgical developed the new sanctuary, the choir stalls and the senate, the major organs and
During this period, all the arts are bustles with activity: glassmakers, sculptors, painters,
smelters, blanketeers, gilders carvers, embroiderers, musicians and organists, all of
origin and the Lombard school.
The work of the Borromeo is terminated by his cousin card. Frederick also suggests that the two
large series of paintings of the life and miracles of St. Carlo and start the facade.
In the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries have completed the great altar of Our Lady of the Tree and S.
John Bono and the facade takes on the appearance date.
During the relentless work leads to new peaks and numerous projects are presented to
the facade was never completed.
In 1765 Francesco Croce start the main spire, a masterpiece of elegance and static, closed
in 1774 with the laying of the "Madonna" in gilded copper.
In 1814 the facade was completed following the project on taxation of Amati-Zanoja Napoleon
Bonaparte. The latest rise steeples bring to almost complete the statuary.
The facade, however, while not convincing, and almost complete in 1886-88 is a competition
International won by G. Brentano with a neo-Gothic project but will never be realized.
In 1906-08 is placed the first bronze door, the central L. Pogliaghi while the other
four will come to light only after the war.
In the second half of sec.XX begins the era of the great restoration. Are repaired
ravages of war and must be followed by restoration of the spire and the four
Gugliotta, sometimes ribbed and cruises, intervention and preservation of the facade
around the outer perimeter.
Following restoration, the peaks are subject to the entire body of stained glass, the four pillars of
lantern poles and 21 other side.
booking online at www.hoteldelsud.com
»» Check this offer availability ««